Saturday 23 July 2016

A few days away

Hello,

For months now I've been looking forward to a couple of days away by the seaside. Now, it's officially over and I'm starting to feel the holiday blues, even though it was only a fleeting visit to sunny Brighton. I thought I'd share a few snippets from my time away to make me feel a bit better and keep the memories somewhere.

Myself and my boyfriend decided we'd go back to Brighton shortly after our time there last summer - it's the most relaxing, fun and 'cool' place we've ever visited together, despite being just a few hours away on the train from where we're from. As it was Jack's birthday, we decided it would be the perfect time to get away for a few days.
At the moment we're currently not living together due to many different reasons, so any time we do spend together is cherished. We spent our days wasting pound coin after pound coin on all the amazing arcade games on the pier (I have always been obsessed with the driving games at arcades, despite not being the best at my actual real-life driving lessons), eating salted caramel ice creams, wandering around all the lovely shops and admiring all the amazing houses and flats that are around the beach and longing to be able to live there one day. We ate out every night and enjoyed a relaxing evening at the Marina eating seriously overpriced burgers and drinking seriously strong cocktails.
Even though I'm only 21 I've already realised how grateful and lucky I feel to have a few days off work. Working life sucks (as I'm sure loads of you can relate to), so it's nice to be able to take a few days to yourself and actually make memories.
We'll be back there as soon as we possibly can, I hope one day we're able to take the plunge and move to a sea side - beach walks and sunny summers with ice creams and pier games will forever be a dream of mine!




Have you been anywhere yet this summer?

Love from,
Sophie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment